Advanced Placement Program
Pre-AP English 1: Victoria Bass, Jordan MillerPre-AP English 2:Jessica Bechtel, Sara Childers, Kimberly Stitt, Shelby WhiddenPre-AP World History:Nicholas Kaye, Michael Mallett, Marcellous Mitchell, Joshual WarthenAP English Literature: Jennifer RandolphAP Statistics: Dustin LedfordAP Calculus AB: Claude CadetAP Calculus BC: Claude CadetAP World History: Jessica BechtelAP US History: Jeremy PraterAP Psychology: Breana ChehardyAP Biology: Giselle HenriquezAP Chemistry: Lucia AguiarAP Physics: Ann DanielAP Studio Art: Miriam CarballoAP 3D Studio Art: Danny BarneyAP Music Theory: Alexa PenaAP Spanish Language: Harry RodriguezAP Computer Principles: Raymond Marroquin, JrAP Capstone Seminar: Jordan Miller
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP)
Parents and students, LaBelle High School is pleased to be working with the College Board and The Florida Partnership for Minority and Underrepresented Student Achievement to offer more Advanced Placement (AP) courses to students at LaBelle High School. The Florida Partnership is committed to excellence and equity in education and strives to bring such opportunities to schools and students. Together we can achieve academic success and provide greater opportunities for our students.
AP provides students with rich course material, classroom discussions, and demanding assignments. AP courses will help your child develop the content mastery and critical thinking skills expected of college students. By participating in AP, your child is given the chance to earn college credit and to stand out in the college admissions process.
· Full Course description and requirements can be accessed via http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/teachers_corner/index.html.
· Enrollment in an AP class requires completion of a summer assignment via the Blackboard online program prior to the start of the school year.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN AP?
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
· Get a head start on college-level work
· Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques
· Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work
· Save Money
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
· Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college
· Show your willingness to take the most vigorous courses available to you
· Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
· Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own
· Study subjects in greater depth and detail
· Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself
Improve Your High School Test Scores
EOC, ACT, SAT, PERT
Note: information about AP courtesy of www.collegeboard.com