Welcome to HCSD Library Media Services
The school library media program supports and strengthens the curriculum, bridges the digital divide, and puts state standards into action. The school library media specialist encourages reading for learning, reading for pleasure, and reading for life.
The school library media specialist is a teacher, an instructional partner, an informational specialist, and a school library media program administrator. School library media specialists directly affect student achievement by collaborating and planning with teachers, teaching information literacy, designing assessment procedures, and providing supplemental curriculum materials.
HCSD Library Media Services follows the Florida State Department of Education K-12 Library Program Evaluation Tool, ExC3EL, as a guideline for developing and maintaining a quality library program that enhances and supports the school's educational agenda. Quality library media programs provide a welcoming, resource-rich environment that supports multiple literacies, cultivates a culture of inquiry and literary appreciation, and encourages the independent, ethical exploration of information and ideas.
- Enhances student achievement through a systematically, collaboratively planned instructional program
- Enhances student achievement by supporting all facets of the instructional program
- Provides appropriate, accurate and current resources in all formats to meet the needs of the learning community
- Provide an inviting, accessible and stimulating environment for individuals and groups that share resources across the learning community
- Promote and advocate for media services and initiatives throughout the learning community
HCSD Library Media Services Procedures
Parents and community members who are residents of Hendry County who wish to challenge a particular book in a Hendry County Media Center can complete the HCSD Reconsideration Form
Please submit the form to your local school.