The Behavior Support Team (BST) serve as consultants to all school personnel in the capacity of:
Team Responsibilities Throughout the FBA/BIP Process
Behavior Support Team
Teachers and School Personnel
The services offered by the behavior specialist provide a team-based approach that is dependent on collaboration between the behavior support team, administrators, teachers, student, and parents.
- Coaching teachers and other school personnel in the development, implementation, and monitoring of individualized functional behavior assessments and behavior intervention plans. These plans seek to decrease a target behavior, provide function-based interventions, and teach the student a more appropriate replacement behavior.
- Coaching teachers on improving classroom management and whole-class positive behavior support.
- Coaching teachers and other school personnel in the development, implementation, and monitoring of individualized safety plans.
- Providing district-wide professional development in the areas of classroom management, individualized behavior interventions, functional behavior assessments, school climate, and others.
- Conduct interviews with teacher(s), student, and parent (if possible)
- Observe student in classroom
- Draft initial intervention plan
- Provide final version of plan to teacher after getting teacher input
- Compile and graph data
- Place a copy of the FBA and attached data in the student’s cumulative file
- Assist with implementation by modeling the intervention for the teacher, coaching the teacher as needed, and providing instruction in intervention procedures to the student
- Provide follow up as needed throughout various intervention phases
- Schedule support team or IEP meeting to begin behavioral support process
- Complete referral and obtain parent signature
- Collaborate with behavior analyst to complete information-gathering forms, define behaviors, and design intervention plan
- Collect data on student performance
- Implement plan throughout school settings
- Provide feedback on and modify plan
Pamela Christofori, M.A., BCBA
Pamela Christofori, M.A., BCBA has worked in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis for the past 34 years. Pamela earned her first certification in 1988 as a Florida Certified Behavior Analyst. She earned her Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis from the University of South Florida and is now a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Pamela has worked in residential, community, in-home, and public school settings over the years. She has provided consultation and training to parents, teachers, behavior analysts, and other service providers who serve children and adults with developmental disabilities, autism, and emotional and behavioral concerns. Pamela has developed model residential programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and designed a model school program for students with emotional and behavioral disorders. She is currently a member of the Hendry County Behavior Support Team and a member of the International Association of Behavior Analysis.
Karlee Prince, B.A. ,B.C.a.B.A.
Karlee Prince, B.A. ,B.C.a.B.A. has been a part of the Hendry County School Board Behavior Support Team for six years. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Applied Behavior Analysis from the Florida Institute of Technology and is a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst. She is also receiving her Master of Arts in Behavior Analysis Practice from the Florida Institute of Technology and is scheduled to graduate in August of 2022. Karlee has been in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis for eight years and has experience providing direct services to clients in clinical, community, in-home, and school-based settings. She also has experience providing consultation and collaboration with stakeholders and caregivers such as parents, teachers, and other service providers.
Shannon Boe, RBT
Shannon Boe, RBT is originally from Colorado and moved to Florida in 1998. She currently lives in Labelle with her husband and twin sons. She has been working with Hendry County Schools since she moved to Labelle in 2015, prior to this she worked in Glades County Schools. She has completed 40 hours of instruction in the area of Applied Behavior Analysis, demonstrated the skills associated with the Task List and passed the exam to meet the Behavior Analyst Certification Board criteria for the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Credential. She has enjoyed working as an ESE para and especially loves her work now as an RBT. She has a mindset of compassion and commitment to help improve the daily lives of children with varied exceptionalities. She loves to spend her free time in the keys, fishing with her family and at Disney!
Tiffany Bone, Behavior Technician
Tiffany Bone, Behavior Technician is a Florida native and grew up in LaBelle. Tiffany has a B.S. in Psychology from Walden University. She has worked as a para-educator supporting students with varying exceptionalities in Hendry County Schools. She is beginning the process for the Registered Behavior Technician Credential and is very passionate about her role on the Behavior Support Team. She looks forward to continuing her education and her growth as part of the ESE Department, with the Hendry County School District.
Ester E. Rodriguez, B.S., Behavior Technician
Ester E. Rodriguez, B.S., Behavior Technician has worked in the Hendry County School District for 20+ years, in which 18 of those were at LaBelle Youth Development Academy. She has worked in neighboring school districts from 2014-2021 as an ELL para, 4th grade teacher and as a behavior specialist. In 2006, she earned her A.A. degree at FSW formerly known as Edison State College. She currently has a B.S. in Psychology with an emphasis in Applied Behavior Analysis. She has completed 40 hours of instruction in the area of Applied Behavior Analysis, demonstrated the skills associated with the Task List and is sitting for the exam to meet the Behavior Analyst Certification Board criteria for the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Credential. She is currently a Behavior Technician with the Behavior Support Team. She is filling in with the aspiration of future endeavours with the Hendry County School District.