We are ready to start a new school year and we want it to be great for everyone. As members of the National Honor Society, your qualities of service, leadership, character, and scholarship are supposed to guide you in your everyday life, and our Chapter is here to help you with this. We wanted to give you some information that will help you throughout this year.
This year our chapter will focus on following the four pillars of success and it will be important to play your part.
- GPA: All current members will be responsible for maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.75.
- Dues: Each member will be required to pay their dues of twenty dollars to the Chapter by October 17th
- Volunteer Hours: All members will be responsible for earning 10 volunteer hours by January 11th 2017 and have a total of 20 hours overall by April 15th 5 of the hours must come from an NHS sponsored or promoted event.
- Extracurricular Activities: All current members must be involved in an extracurricular activity in addition to National Honor Society.
- Meetings: All members will be required to attend all meetings. Only three meetings may be missed throughout the school year with a valid preapproved excuse.
If any of the above are incomplete students will receive a probation letter, after which they will have until the end of the semester to rectify or be dismissed from the organization. If students fall under probation more than two times they will be recommended for dismissal. If a student receives a probation letter and defaults on the terms it is cause for dismissal.
At Clewiston High School involvement in National Honor Society is a 3 year commitment, therefore, we only invite 10th graders after successful completion of their Freshman year with a 3.75 GPA to join our organization. Students will receive an invitation to join National Honor Society at the beginning of their Sophomore year of high school. After completing all of the first year requirements they will be officially inducted at the end of the year in the Induction Ceremony. After this point students are expected to remain in good standing with with the organization for the remaining to years in order to be recognized at graduation for participation in NHS.