Eastside's 2018-2019 Dress CodeStudents must be clean, neat and dress properly. They should observe modes of dress, styles of hair and standards of personal grooming which do not interrupt the learning atmosphere in the school. The principal shall determine when a student's personal hygiene, appearance or dress is such that it interferes with the educational process.The guidelines are as follows:Shirts/Blouses:
Slacks, Shorts, Jumpers, Dresses and Skirts:
- Any color shirt with a collar and sleeves. It may have vertical stripes, horizontal stripes, or plaid. No graphic designs, sayings/slogans, or pictures are permitted.
- An Eastside school t-shirt may be worn on any school day.
- Shirts and blouses must be tucked in at all times, as please make sure garments are long enough to do so.
- A sport shirt of the team that your child is associated with may be worn on Friday only during the season of that particular sport. For example, if your child is associated with football, cheerleading, soccer, baseball, softball, etc. they may wear their jersey for that sport on Fridays during the season of that given sport.
- Any solid color bottoms may be worn.
- Jeans may be worn. However, they cannot have holes or designs on them.
- There should be no holes in bottoms or shorts. No "distressed" fabric or jeans.
- Bottoms must fit properly. They should not be too tight. No drop pants are permitted.
- Shorts should not be too short. Shorts must not come above a child's fingertip when their hands are at their sides (approximately 4 inch inseam).
- No leggings or spandex pants. No exercise shorts.
- Tennis shoes are recommended, but any shoes with closed toe and closed heel are acceptable.
Please remember the appearance and dress of our students reflects our conduct expectations and student performance. We are committed to educating our Eastside Leaders and preparing them for their future workplace. Students that are found to be in violation of the dress code:
1st offense = written warning and given a change of clothes to wear for the day
2nd offense = written warning/ parent will be contacted to bring a change of clothes to school