Degrees and Certifications:
LABELLE MIDDLE SCHOOL DRESS CODE 2022-2023
The goal of the LMS dress code is to create a culture of academic excellence by establishing a safe atmosphere for student success. This dress code supports students in expressing their individuality through personality and academic achievements, rather than outward appearance. Students are expected to come to school well-groomed, neatly dressed and prepared for classes. Students will be able to convey a neat, serious and studious image. It is the joint responsibility of students, parents/guardians and school faculty and staff to see that the attire of students is appropriate and does not interfere with the teaching/learning process.
- IDs must be worn on a lanyard around the neck and kept in good condition at ALL TIMES while on campus. (Students must wear IDs without markings or stickers on them at all times while on LMS campus. Damaged or defaced Ids will be confiscated and the student will have to buy a new one. Replacement cost is $3.00 for the ID, $1.00 for a lanyard. Students who forget their ID will be given a temporary ID for a cost of $1.00. Failure to wear an ID may result in disciplinary actions.)
- Garments with hoods are not allowed.
- All students are required to wear a solid colored top with a collar (that is visible at all times.) NO GRAPHICS.
- Clothing must cover the chest and shoulder to ensure that cleavage is not exposed. (if sleeveless, straps must be at least 1.5 inches)
- Shirts must extend 3 inches below the waist. (No exposed skin around the waist allowed.)
- Jackets and sweatshirts without hoods are allowed but must be solid in color. (NO GRAPHICS except LMS school spirit items.)
- Solid colored pants, shorts, jeans, slacks, dresses or skirts. NO GRAPHICS.
- Shorts, dresses and skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh. (No shorter than fingertip length.)
- No holes or frays of any kind. (One example of clothing not allowed would be ripped jeans.)
- Leggings, yoga pants, athletic spandex, gym shorts, joggers or pajama pants are NOT permitted.
- ALL must fit snug at the waist and be of an appropriate size/fit. No intentionally altered clothing, unbuttoned,
skin-tight, oversize, baggy or drop styles are allowed. Any exposure of undergarments will result in immediate disciplinary
- All clothing and other items must be free of words, symbols or graphics that violate common decency, are offensive, profane, suggestive, discriminatory, or promote alcohol, tobacco, anything sex related, violence/death-oriented, drugs or gang affiliation. (Including what is written on skin, backpacks or other items).
Administration determination of what is considered inappropriate is final.
- No sunglasses, hats, caps, hoodies, visors, stocking caps, bandanas, bonnets, hair nets or head coverings of any kind. Students who wear these items will be asked to remove them and they will be confiscated.
- 6. Safe footwear shall be worn at all times. No open toe shoes, bedroom slippers or shower shoes. All shoes must have a strap or back at the heel. (Proper lace up athletic shoes must be worn during P.E.)
- Cell phones must remain powered off and in the student’s backpack while on campus. If seen, they will be confiscated and disciplinary action will result. The phone will be held in the office for parent/guardian to pick up.
- NO personal electronics allowed. (No air pods or other Bluetooth or wireless style headphones or earbuds, smart watches, gaming devices or similar) All electronics will be confiscated and held in the office for parent/guardian pick up.
- Some examples of things NOT ALLOWED include (but are not limited to):
backless shirts or dresses / bare skin at the waist, abdomen, back or chest / spaghetti strap tank-top shirts / costumes / sleepwear / camisoles / bandanas / tops that completely expose the shoulder / short-shorts / exposed undergarments / clothing that is see through (no mesh, lace or cut outs)
- Outerwear shall not be used to cover up dress code violations.
- If there is a question about the appropriateness of an item, the decision of administration is final.
- Any personal items, clothing or accessories (including jewelry, hair styles or color, or other items) that cause a distraction or disruption to the learning process or constitutes a safety hazard will be considered inappropriate.
- Students who do not comply with the dress code will not be admitted to class and may receive disciplinary action up to suspension
from school and their parent/guardian will be contacted.
- Any requests for waiver of dress code must be submitted in writing and must be approved in advance by an administrator.
LMS Administration reserves the right to prohibit any type of dress, accessory or grooming that is
considered disruptive and to make changes to the dress code at any time, if circumstances dictate.