The following instructional practices are used throughout our department:
Students explore the following topics as they progress through their middle school experience at LMS:
6th Grade: World Cultures
7th Grade: Civics
8th Grade: U.S. History
- Reading assignments from longer text passages as well as shorter ones when text is extremely complex.
- Making close reading and rereading of texts central to lessons.
- Asking high-level, text-specific questions and requiring high-level, complex tasks and assignments.
- Requiring students to support answers with evidence from the text.
- Providing extensive text-based research and writing opportunities (claims and evidence)www.cpalms.org