General Entrance Requirements and
New Students to the District
All students who are entering a Hendry County Public school for the first time must present the following information before they can enter school:
- Evidence of the child's birth date verified in priority order:
- Birth certificate.
- Legally attested birth record.
- Legally attested religious record.
- Insurance policy on the child's life and in-force for at least two years.
- A passport or certificate of arrival showing the age of child
- An official educational transcript stating the child's age. The transcript must be current and indicate enrollment for at least four years.
- An affidavit of age sworn to by the parent accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a public health officer or by a public school physician may be used, if none of the proofs of age above are available or can be produced.
- A certificate of immunization against communicable diseases.
- Transfer students entering a Hendry County School for the first time may be granted a 30 day waiver to produce an immunization certificate from the Health Department *. (Please refer to current immunization requirements for entrance to different grade levels.)
- Evidence of a physical examination within the last 12 months.
- Transfer students entering a Hendry County School for the first time may be granted a 30 day waiver to produce an acceptable physical examination*..
- Evidence of custody if the child does not live with both natural parents, and
- Proof of residence documentation such as homestead exemption, lease or rental agreement or utility deposit/receipt will be required upon entrance to school.
Homeless children are automatically eligible for a 30-day waiver of these requirements.
Any student and/or his/her parent(s) who enters the District for the first time must disclose the following information at the time of enrollment:
- prior school expulsions
- arrests resulting in a charge
- juvenile justice actions
- referrals to mental health services
Additional Requirements for Kindergarten and 1st Grade Students
Child must have attained the age of five on or before September 1 of the year in which he seeks entrance to kindergarten.
First Grade Students
- Child must have attained the age of six on or before September 1 of the first grade year
- Been previously enrolled in a public school kindergarten program for all or part of the school year.
Transfers from a Florida private school to Hendry County public school first grade must meet these age requirements and show successful completion of a kindergarten program.