Our community is growing at an exponential rate, leaving many of our schools over-crowded and in dire need of improvement. Upgrading our schools improves every student’s chance for success, which is why I am proposing a Half-Cent Sales Tax.
The Half-Cent Sales Tax would be shared by all, including visitors who pass through, not just the citizens living in Hendry County. The funds generated from the half-cent sales tax would support much needed improvements such as flooring, HVAC, surveillance equipment, access control, and school technology. It would also help pay debt service on large capital projects such as roofs, LHS building additions and much more.
Hendry County Growth
- Hendry Schools' net gain of 37 students as of February 2022 from the 2020-2021 school year
- 626 Single Family Home permits pulled
- 74 Mobile Home Permits pulles
Potential Future Development
- The FY23 preliminary enrollment projection anticipates an increase of 61 students.
- The Florida Economic & Demographic Research Office projects a 5% (or 1,945) population increase for Hendry County from 2020 to 2025.
- Several planned unit developments (PUD) are on the city of LaBelle zoning map.